Friday, January 23, 2009

Emi-Kate is GREAT!



Way to go Emi-Kate! I am so proud of this girl! She was in her school spelling bee a few weeks ago and she won 3rd place! Yesterday we went to the District and she competed with kids from 5 schools. She did awesome and we are proud of her for how far she got! She was a little less than thrilled about her performance, but we are so proud of her!
Her Aunt Beautiful saw her at the school and came over to see what we could do to let her know how great she did and cheer her up a bit. I don't know what I will ever do when I don't live by my best friend anymore, she decided that we should decorate her room! DUH! Why didn't I think of that! It takes a village to keep me reminded of what I should be doing...... or at least a really great friend....or two....or three....

The poster says: We are SO proud of you! We love you Girlie, Love, Aunt Beautiful and Mom.
Isn't it so cute!
I think our plan worked..... she started to cry again.... but, I think this time, it was tears of JOY!

Thank you Lezlie for making my Emi's day! We had so much fun getting her room all beautified!
PS I am enclosing a picture of Aunt Beautiful aka; Lezlie aka: One great friend.

PPS I am enclosing another one...... it's ok, she posted a picture of me 1 hour postpardum!
Payback! haaha

4 comments:

lmbrady said...

QUIT IT!!!

Krissy said...

Emi-Kate you are so great! We love you and we are all cheering for you. I wish that I could have been there to cheer for you in person. Way to go!

The White's said...

Very cool. I have always been impressed with Emily's sweetness and the joy she always has on her face. Now I can admire her smarts too!

sorry it only took me a couple of months to check out your blog. great job it looks very cute.

Terrie Ann said...

Way to go Emi. You are such a smart talented girl!!!!