Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SONIC- MY FOOT!











Ok, so I have incredible friends! One day, my friend Stace says to me " hey Lezlie wants to go to go on a Sonic run next Wed., are you free?" " What the Heck?" I say to myself! It has been our tradition to go on a spur of the moment Sonic run when someone is having a bad day, or could use some girlfriend time, or just because.....but the key words are SPUR OF THE MOMENT. "OK," I say, looking at Stace as though she and Lezlie have lost their marbles. I was curious enough to make sure they weren't up to anything, Stacey just kept saying, "no, its just one last hurrah, before you have this baby!" So, I believed her. Lezlie, picks me up on that special Sonic Wed. and I crawl in the backseat with Sydnie and she laughs at me for being in the back seat, I told her I know how our friend Stace likes shotgun, so I will sit in back. We arrive at Stacey's house and Lezlie then tells me that she is running a few min. behind so we should just go in and wait for her to be ready. "Fine with me" so we head in, I hear Stacey's little girl talking to her and then, I see kids running around out back. "Hmmm, I think to myself, who is going to watch these kids while we go to Sonic?" " Maybe we have to drop a few kids off at home before we go?" Just through the door, I hear " Surprise!" All my friends are everywhere! and baby gifts everywhere and TONS of food!
This was the only way they would get me to a baby shower on my fifth baby girl! I told them not to do anything, because having a baby shower on your fifth baby, is like having a bridal shower on your fifth marriage! But I am not mad anymore! I got TONS of the cutest baby clothes, blankets, baby bracelets, hats, accessories etc... that I have never dreamed of! AND, lots of time with the greatest friends a girl could have! Thank you everyone for all your love and support! She is darling in EVERYTHING! These are just a few snapshots of people who stayed longer to chat! Sorry we didn't get everyone!

Lesson learned, Stacey is a good liar, and I am not very quick!

3 comments:

lmbrady said...

remember that Stacey IS a good liar but I am not.
That was a blast! We'll have to try that with baby boy?!!!

Stacey said...

Okay, what fun we had, and thank you for letting it be a true surprise, too much fun for me, I loved it, I'm with lezlie, when can we do it again. And you are a blogging machine! You're putting me to shame. luv ya

The Brough Family said...

Katie... congrats on the new baby. This is Stacey's sister Liz, by the way. Baby Brie is darling and I love the name. Five girls looks pretty fun, maybe we'll risk it and have #4 someday. I'm hoping Stacey doesn't notice I commented on your blog. I want to get Stacey and her fam movie gift certificates for Christmas, but I can't figure out what kind of theater you all have out there in the middle no where (ha ha -- coming from a girl who lives in Nebraska). Do you know if there is an AMC, Cinemark or Regal anywhere out there? Thanks so much for your help. I know if I ask Stacey she'll tell me not to get them, so I can't ask her. You can just leave a comment on my blog (omahabroughs.blogspot.com) or email me at bebrough@msn.com.