Sunday, February 20, 2011

I've done a little growing...

For the last almost year and a half, I have been a nanny for four adorable children, whose mommy passed away. This experience has had many ups and downs and trials and fun times and laughs and tears. The task that was overwhelming to think of at first, has become part of my daily routine and I have learned and grown so much from this experience. I can honestly say, I have loved these children fully and the best way that I know how. confused at times at how to meet the needs of both families, I can say that the Lord has blessed me with strength and love and patience and daughters to lift my load, and the list goes on.... Hopefully neither family has lacked too much because of my weaknesses. These children have taught me more than I could ever teach them, so I want to thank them.

Thank you, Sarah, Alex, Lucas and Audrey, for your unconditional love for me and for your faith and sweet spirits! For your hugs and kisses and telling me you "I wuv you Kate"! I love you all!

These sweet children have a good daddy who has found someone to marry! This "new mom" (as the kids refer to her as:) has 3 small children of her own and they LOVE her! They are excited to start on this new journey, and I am excited for them. I knew that this would be for a short time and I knew that I would only be with them until Daddy got remarried.

This has been one of the greatest growing experiences of my life.
I am going to miss them.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow, I can't believe he's getting married, but sounds like it will be great for all. I'm sure this has been quite the time for you and know how wonderful you have been for them. They were lucky to have you! Call me....

Leilani said...

Happy for him and the kids. New changes for everyone around. I saw that ability to love everyone's kids so often here in our own neighborhood and with my own kids. Hope you'll come visit soon!