Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Little Girl Dreams

When I was a little girl I had a dream to be a nurse when I grew up! The only other dream I had was to be an ice skater like Dorothy Hamill. Well that one didn't happen....... so on to the first dream. I remember playing hospital with my sister and putting a thousand band-aids on our dolls and wrapping them in T P when they were pretty broken up.

I am excited to announce that last night I started my first CNA class! I love it so far.... although I have had many tell me how much I will hate being a CNA. I may be naive, but I really don't think I will... I think I will quite enjoy it most of the time.
I guess I could hate it, if I felt it was a meaningless job. But, I look forward to being able to help people who cant help themselves and help them keep their dignity in the process.

I am grateful for those who took such good care of my loved ones when they were unable to do it themselves. I hope there is a reward in heaven for them! Thanks to them, my grandparents were cared for and kept as comfortable as possible, up until the end.
First step, CNA, then on to my LPN, then RN.
Slowly but surely the dream is coming alive!

5 comments:

kristi said...

I can completely see you as a nurse! I think that you will be a great blessing to your patients! Your kindness and gentleness will be a ray of sunshine for them all! :)

Mel said...

So proud of you Katie- you will make an awesome nurse! congratulations on taking the first step! Good luck!
-M

Melissa M. said...

I think you just want to wear hot nurse scrubs with Daffy Duck on them.
I am really happy for you to go for your goal, you will be amazing!

Stacey said...

Wahoo, you are the best! I'm so glad you are doing this, you will be a wonderful nurse and I think you will probably even love doing the crappy CNA stuff too! You are always good about doing the hard stuff! Have fun!!!!

Terrie Ann said...

You go girl! You are going to be an amazing nurse. Proud of you!