Monday, November 23, 2009

My Baby is Growing Up!

Oh, how the time does fly! So I am obviously not the mother of the year. See how the above picture doesn't even have Brie in it? Yeah, I know... so sad!
My sweet Aubrie turned 1 on Nov 3rd and I have the cutest pictures of her on the camera, But, now I can't find the stinkin' cord so I can show all of my friends what she looks like now and how adorable I think she is. ( I will continue to look for it so I can post them)

So therefore, I will just have to paint you a picture with words. Here goes:
Aubrie, aka: Brie has seriously been the funnest baby we have had... no offense to the other babies, but, Darrin and I don't remember having this much fun with our other kids... although we have a few that get pretty close.

Right now she has the color of hair that could fall right between Emily and Ellie. ( Ellie continues to get darker by the day I think) and barely enough to pull into the tiniest ponytail atop her round head. I have reverted to this tactic because she refuses to leave in a headband with a flower. SO I stick a flower in the pony and feel like I have won the battle. At least on Sunday it it is fun to make her look like a girl!
She has these HUGE eyes, that still haven't made up their mind what color they want to be... hmmm so I guess we would call that hazel. She has 8 teeth and getting more soon. My little sugar is walking all over the place right now like she owns it. Isn't it amazing how quickly they go from a few steps to running?

Brie loves to play peek-a-boo and she has a funny laugh that has been evolving the last few weeks into a low growl-kind-of-a-laugh. It is hysterical to listen to. She loves to be chases and then caught and tickled, she puts her hands over her mouth to laugh... ( seriously don't know where that one came from?) She LOVES her sisters... ALL of them, but Ehhie is the only name she ever says, I think she calls them all that. Except for daddy of course, she has him totally wrapped around her finger! The two of them share a special bond, I love to see a daddy close to his girls. Darrin is definitely that.

She is into absolutely everything . She loves to pull out my box of tampons from the bathroom cupboard in the morning when I get ready and she has made them her latest chew toy. (all wraped and sanitary of course... but still!) she then crawls around finding the other treasures that are hidden away. What is a girl to do? I have tried moving them and putting things in front of them, but to no avail, she will pull EVERYTHING out to find those special little things! My sister gave me a huge box of the OB kind, so they are all just the perfect size for her little mouth and hands! Have I made you want to puke yet? I know I would like to ... everyday when it happens.

The little dear.

And to think, I wasn't going to have more kids! HA HA!

Brie has definitely made life a lot more fun around here. Every night for scriptures she is the star of the show... and she knows it! Oh, Heavenly Father, we really do try to listen and be reverent... but she is too entertaining for her own good! The best part is when it is time for prayers, she folds her arms and will occasionally go around and try to look at everyone to see if she can get their attention.

My favorite time of day is nap time and bedtime, not because I can't wait to get her into bed, but I LOVE to snuggle with her. She is the most cuddliest thing I have ever held. I pull her up to me and she snuggles right up and puts her head down right under my jaw and falls asleep so easily. I love it. I admit that I have held her for longer than even necessary, just because I know this time won't last. She wont fit in the crook of my neck much longer. She is also good to just be laid down with just a short cuddle, BUT, I love the long ones best.

We have been sent this little piece of Heaven and I love her with ALL my heart! We ALL do! Thank you Lord for sending our family the best thing we could have been blessed with.

And for future reference, I will try to keep the tampons up on a higher shelf. That should make us all feel a little better. At least I know Lezlie will! :)

Love you all in AZ and miss you SOOOO much!
hugs!

4 comments:

Leilani said...

Can't believe she's one already! You better find that cable cord quick!

Stacey said...

I can't believe she's one, that's crazy. It's been so long I had to remind my girls who Brie was. Wow, hope you're doing well!

lmbrady said...

Oh my gosh those tampons!

I love this post. She is a darling! I love the cuddle part- so cute but yeah, like you said, it doesn't last forever!

Grandma Crum said...

Seems like I just got Emily over playing with tampons and now I have another one right behind her. So funny! I'd love to see a picture of her-she is a beauty. Miss you for sure.

(At my mom's and I always for get to sign in as myself)

smcookmom@gmail.com