I have just begun to know a new friend in my ward. The first week after we moved in, she invited my five year old daughter to her five year old daughters birthday party. How she knew that Sydnie would need a friend... ? What a blessing. Thinking about this new friend of mine, makes me stop... and be grateful for my many blessings.
I had a wonderful day today just being a mom. I... woke up, one could say...I got to go on a field trip with my 3rd grader, got to help out in Kindergarten Adventures, got to hug and kiss my baby when I got home and spin her around and giggle with her. I got to bond with my teenager, just sitting on my bed watching a movie, and talking and giving her a back rub. Got to curl my 6th graders hair with some very fun curlers that aunt M lets us use, and talk about what a wonderful daughter she is. Killed a bug in 3rd graders bedroom, and got to give more hugs and kisses to chase bad dreams away. Today was the first day in a long time that I was AWAKE and really LIVED.
Why you may ask, would I stop and be grateful for what I have even more so? My new friend is terminally ill and Dr.'s give her a very short time to be here with her beautiful family. How sad that sometimes it takes some tragic news like this, for me to wake up and be grateful for the messes, the tears, teething and crying all night, being the referee for the latest argument..( perhaps this doesn't happen at your house as much as mine.......), field trips, and so on...
I am so grateful to have this role as a mother and to love these little...and, big ones that I have been blessed with. I hope I will always remember how important the little mundane, and sometimes trivial things that I do each day for my family is what this life and my blessings are all about.
Has someone awaken you to your wonderful life? If so, I challenge you to write about it. How better to let us remember our blessings?
I love you all... and you ALL know who you are.
Jane 23
5 months ago




2 comments:
You are blessed...and we miss you all terribly! Good to have a post from you :)
AMEN! Time to think about HOW BLESSED I REALLY AM!!!
Post a Comment