Monday, April 6, 2009

Sweet Life....

On Thurs. night the girlie's and I are doing our regular clean up around the house...so when Daddy gets home he doesn't trip over the toys, backpacks, shoes, clothes, blankets,....you know...everything... While we are cleaning up my big hunk of a man calls me to tell me that he is on his way home early, how early? Like, NOW early! YES!! We get to have even more time together this weekend! He arrived home around 7:30ish pm. and we got to spend a little time with the girls before bed. That wasn't the only surprise! He also took off Sunday so we could all watch General Conf. together as a family. After a great weekend, and after Conf. on Sunday we took a drive and ended up at a park for a bit. I pulled out the blankie, while the hunk got our baby-girl out and the girlie's took off running and playing all together. Yes, even my teenie-bopper and my 7 yr. old played together the whole time. They all rolled down the hill together over and over, laughing until they were out of breath, then off to play tag and skip along the sidewalk. Darrin and I sat on the blanket soaking all the sweet memories in, trying very hard to make them stick. It was as close to a perfect weekend as I think I have ever had. (Sigh....)
Appreciate the time you have with your family, life can't get any sweeter!

2 comments:

Melissa M. said...

Soon!
I will be so happy when your family is back to living under one roof. That was a great description of your weekend, it sounds like a very peaceful time.

Susan said...

Amen to that. Sounds perfect.