After making the bathroom floor my bed for the night (not recommended) and next to nothing sleep, I was exhausted and did my calling at 6am for people not to bring their little darlings over that day. I contemplated, having Emi or Courtney stay home... hmmm. Emi was just out of school for 2 days because of the stomach flu and Coco, has a bad cold I don't want shared with Aubrie. I sent them all off for the day, then explained to little Sydnie that mommy is really sick and needs to take a rest, and could she just watch a movie and play with barbies, or Polly pockets for a little bit?" Sure" she says, and adds that she hopes that I feel better quick. I give her the standard run down of... don't answer the door, or phone, and STAY inside.
About 30 minutes later, Sydnie is right by my bed just about in tears, "Mommy, who can I play with? Nobody is here. I don't have any friends to play with today." To which I reply, " I am so sorry Sydnie, mommy is sick so we can't have friends over today." (Poor kid, she has totally forgotten how to entertain herself!)
That's when it all came loose and I had officially broken her heart! SUGAR!! So, up out of bed to find something else to keep her occupied for a bit,new movie, snack, dolls, blocks, you name it, we got it ALL OUT!
I am happy to report that she is still in one piece and I got a little shut eye. It is OK that she had cheerios for breakfast at 10 and cheerios with milk for lunch at 1:30 Right? Sure, it sort of counts as part of a nutritious breakfast/lunch.....
I know.... not exactly mom of the year, But what is a girl to do? OH, yes, and I would appreciate it if you didn't report me to CPS,... or as one of my children called it one day, UPS, it's pretty close to the same thing, right?




No comments:
Post a Comment