Lately, I have been thinking a lot about my relationships with my friends and family. Looking back, there have been many laughs, many tears,and oh so many, really fun times. And I am so glad that all the good experiences, WAY, out way the bad.
I think that God puts people in our path that will love us when we need it most, who will pick us up and dust us off and give us a hug, when we need it most. Maybe even, take you to go get a piece of cheesecake, when you want it most. Or just drops by to see how you are doing, and pull up a chair to talk, or, takes you on a sonic run. Or offers a shoulder to cry on. I am so grateful for the inspired friends in my life who always seem to know what I need most and are so ready to jump in and love me when... I need it most. I have been SO blessed with great family and wonderful friends who I hope will be my close friends forever.

Sometimes, I think God has a beautiful flower garden and we are His flowers, some, are planted to stay in one place in His beautiful garden, to serve as a source of strength to others, and... some are planted in pots, so He can move us around to get more sun in one place, or to brighten up another spot in the garden.
Me, I was planted in a flower pot, so I would be able to learn and grow and love more deeply the beautiful "flowers" around me. So, sometimes I need a new lesson, and I am moved. Sometimes, my little flower pot just wishes she could keep all the good right around her and not have to be moved again. My heart is full of love for the "flowers" that I have learned from and grown to love so much,..... and chances are, if you are reading this, you are one of those sweet things that I have grown from and loved deeply. So, thank you for letting me learn from you, for helping me be a better, mom, sister, daughter and friend. May you continue to brighten your spot in the garden.




4 comments:
I'm sure glad your pot was in my part of the garden these last four years!
My gosh you have me crying!
Katie you are one of the strongest women I know. You always have a smile on your face and never complain. You are a true example to me and I thank you for sending your "sunshine" all the way to Ogden, Utah to a sister in law who thinks the world of you and admires you greatly. I am anticipating YOUR beautiful pot moving closer to mine!!! We all need more sunshine like YOU!
That was beautiful, just like you!
and me... well....you know I'm the greedy type and I don't want the flowers taken out of my garden! They are beautiful right where they are. Can't the Lord see that?
That's me nourishing the selfish instincts.
Post a Comment